View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
saaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJkayaker
I was not going with the $3K option for the reasons you give. However I thought the $700 5yr/100K option might be worth it over the next 5 years (if I keep it that long..I'd like to switch to a 2000/2001 S). the warranty is transferable.
Don't know about the one you refer to but many cover "internally lubricated parts" and exclude cracked heads, head gasket failure, and cracked blocks. Also I would wonder if water pumps and coolant tanks (you will need one for sure eventually I think) would be covered.

Most of these companies also require the dealer to check if there are any stage 2 "events" where someone revved it past the limiter, not that you would do that... just so you know.

Also, it sure would be nice to know which companies are good to work with once it is time for repairs and which ones will fight you like crazy on any repair. The Porsche dealer told me some of these warranty companies just fight you and the dealer like crazy (several weeks even) expecting you to eventually give up and get it fixed just so you can get your car back. So I think it is important to research it and get some real world (not company marketing) testimonials if possible. Might not hurt to make friends with the dealer service rep. either as they are your ally when it comes time to actually using the warranty (I assume a private repair shop would be teh same also, it just so happens that the local dealer here has an outstanding service dept. in terms of service).
saaber is offline   Reply With Quote