View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
YellowJacket

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallion
One of the reasons I want to do this is because I was involved in a wreck and my bumper broke off and both headlights shattered, so I need new headlights anyway.

Will a Porsche dealership be able to put 997 headlights, bumper, and fenders on my Boxster?
Just to clarify, what you're looking at is not a 997 front end; it's a later model 996 front end. I'm not sure if I've seen the 997 front on a 986 attempted yet, but I'm pretty sure that would go beyond bolt-ons and OEM parts if it were possible.

That being said, if you mean the late 996 front end on a 986, then yes, it's possible and since you're needing new headlights and front bumper, you're probably halfway there. I think there are also a few other parts including the fenders and the headlight mounting locations that may or may not be damaged in your accident that will be needed. If you search, a couple guys on this board have done the conversion, and I think one posted a parts list. If I remember right it was NOT cheap, so you may be better off going with early model litronics and the GT2 front end that porsche986spyder has.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote