View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 06:29 AM   #3
1JB

I've got an'06 S with 280hp. It will push you back in the seat just fine. No problem scaring the living day lights out of you or killing yourself if you get stupid. I've done 0-60 faster than I ever want to again unless I decide that a heart attack is in order. It can be particularly exciting when the windy road home from work is miraculously open in front of you and you decide to see what the car can do racing into a corner with a slight bump on the right that moves the car and weight upward ever so slightly. Thank god for psm. Even more excitement comes when you're on the highway and realize if you push it you can pass the guy sitting in the left hand lane if you go around him on the right and you look at the speedometer to find you're doing 112mph.

You need to be very careful driving this car no matter what you're abilities whether you're on a winding road surrounded by trees or a highway. Any one of the Boxster models was built to be able to compete and win on the track. I'd look for the color and features you want in your price range. Generally starting with the 987 you would think there would be fewer of the mechanical problems that the earlier models had but who knows it's only into the '08 model year.
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote