View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #21
Frodo

Quote:

"and how in the hell do I get that picture of my dog sticking her tongue out off of my avatar? I can't remember how I got it in there to begin with."

Posted by LoveBunny.

LoveBunny I was just joking about changing the avatar. I LOVE dogs!

I grew up during the heyday of the muscle cars of the '60s and the '70s, never at that time in my life able to swing the big V-8 some of my friends had (the Chevelles, the Roadrunnders, the GTXs, the Chargers, etc). When I went car shopping a couple years ago, this still influenced me. Even though I was more interested in the handling and the overall roadster appeal, I guess that's why I knew I wanted something with some decent HP to it. "Torque is a good thing," as a friend of my once so simply put it. I knew I wanted the 'S' and never even drove a base model. OTOH, mines an '01; if you're looking to get a newer one, some of the base models have almost the HP of mine.

At least one of the times you test drive, take your dad and a pet carrier with you, to see if they'll "fit" well with the car. Your dog's pretty small---I don't think you'll probably have any problems fitting the relatively small carrier that (s)he would need in there. I take "Jake" my springer spaniel with me all the time---he's about 60 lbs, though I just throw a blanket over the seat. (When we go hiking together, keeping out of mud, water, leaves, etc. is not particularly high on his priority list.)
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote