View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Burg Boxster

texwayne-
Nice write up and glad you had success. I had problems w/ my loud pedal too due to thickness of the plastic pedal and the covers. I was able to get 2 of the 3 machine screws on there. Top one was easy and bottom left just barely poked thru. Once you get the thread started, it'll tighten down nicely and compresses the plastic. The right one was a no go so I just epoxy-ed it into the hole You could I suppose use longer screws and then cut off the excess, but it'll cause you clearance issues when stomping on the loud pedal and no one wants a throttle limiter .

For others wanting to do this, I suggest you start w/ the brake pedal. Yes it's the hardest (physically, etc.) but it's also the one w/ the least amount of wiggle room for alignment purposes. If you try to align off the clutch pedal, you may run into clearance issues on the the back of the brake pedal while trying to make sure the pedals are straight . You should use all 3 machine screws on each pedal and as a safety precaution, even though most pedal kits come w/ a lock washer, I'd also put some loc-tite on the screw. You certainly don't want them wiggling loose while driving

Oh yeah, and definitely grab at least one cold one when finished - it helps stretch out your cramped muscles from crouching in the footwell
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote