View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 AM   #81
MartinJ

Brace Installed on Sunsay

Installed mine on Sunday, and took a spirited ride on some twisty Northern CA Mountain roads (they are very empty this time of year) that I am very familiar with. I did not drive the way I drive at an AutoX or on the track but I was able to tell the difference on some fast turns. On my spirited runs I usually push the car enough to get a little “rear end hop” as I accelerate out of a tight turn, driving the same way Sunday the car did not hop and definitely felt more planted. Of course there are many other variables at work (temps in the low 50s…) but I expect that track and AutoX experience will improve. Looking at the rear tires afterwards I could tell that they did not get as far over onto the edges as usual so I expect that I will be able to lower the tire pressure 1 or 2 lbs on the track and AutoX to get a little more grip (I will need to get the chalk out). I run PS2s on 19s” with 36psi in back and 34psi in front.

I have a 987S (the brace is 3mm shorter than the 986 version, so make sure you get the right one) the install is very simple (just follow the instructions), I did not need to remove or loosen anything other than the bolts that hold it in place, the longest part of the process was jacking up the car and putting it up on jack stands! The brace was well made and fitted perfectly – Thanks Pedro
2008 Carrera S Cabriolet, Meteor Grey Metallic, Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes, Heated Front Seats, Navigation, Floor Mats – I know the Porsche ones suck but they came with the car, Park Assist, Power Seats, Self Dimming Mirrors, 19 inch Sport Design Wheels – Classic Car and Classic Wheels, Bose, Sports Chrono Plus. Mods so Far: XPEL Clear Bra, Smart Top, Dension iPod Integration, Clear Side Markers

2001 MB CLK320 with a collection of performance mods.
MartinJ is offline   Reply With Quote