View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #14
gcb

Deciding on options

I have auto climate control on my 03 Boxster S and have rarely if ever used it. Especially with the top down most of the time, it doesn't make sense to use... I find the automatic position blows too strongly anyways.. I find myself usually just setting the fan speed/temp to my own liking.

also.. Power Seats a must!... I had said if I ever ordered another Porsche it had to have Lumbar support... standard seats have awful low back support.
I almost went with the Navigation system too, but it was so awful and sales staff couldn't even figure some of it out. A whole lot of knob spinning and time to imput. Really primitive.... I could think of a lot better options to get with the $3k it saved me.
Regarding sports chrono.... i test drove the heck out of one and really could not tell any significant difference.. it was 'subtle' at best... not worth the $1k they wanted...that and the nasty looking useless stop watch on the dash...

I ordered Meteor Grey.. almost went with Slate, but they were pretty darn close and for over $3k more it wasn't that much difference... better yet.. I put it into full leather and leather sport steering wheel! Can't wait till Feb. '08 to get!!
Here are my options:

Meteor Grey
Blck top and interior
19" Carrera S Wheel
Wheel Caps with Crest
Power Seat Package (Lumbar control A MUST!)
Full leather
Smooth leather sport steering wheel
Heated Seats (always using these)
Floor Mats
Winstop/Deflector
Roll Bar Painted Exterior Color
Exterior Package Exterior Color (Side vents and Front Vents)
Bose Surround
Bi-Xenon Lights

Last edited by gcb; 12-16-2007 at 07:11 AM.
gcb is offline   Reply With Quote