View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #13
986barnum

i'd first make sure you can trace some history of the car, the pepboys $19.99 pedal set doesn't make me think a 60 yr old porsche lover cared for it diligently. getting a ppi will help. 13,965 is optimistic of the dealer. in my mind i'm thinking it was 14,500 or 15k or something when i saw it on autotrader 5 months ago so they're holding out against all odds. if all checks out mechanically i'd lowball (<$12) them and be firm and patient. guaranteed it'll be sitting on that lot next time you drive by. stop in, make the same offer they likely initially rejected. it took me two weeks but i got mine from a sticker of 15,800 to 13,600 and i think i could've gotten them lower still. and don't underestimate the value of a 30 or 60 day warranty. i got 200 miles before the first problem popped up and made it another 600 before another one... they'll likely clear the CEL on the lot and things like failing cats, o2s, MAF, etc won't pop up on test drive many times. good luck, personally i ran the other way when i saw it online, but if the wing suits your tastes then the most important thing is getting a ppi and a good price. just use rational judgement, which is hard once you drive it, i bought my first one after 1 mile behind the wheel when i wasn't even shopping for a car. the second one i put considerably more effort and thought into.
986barnum is offline   Reply With Quote