Thread: Finally Pics
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #11
Perfectlap

I thought the 01 C2 had a 3.6? and the C2 S had a 3.8?

I can't imagine that the 3.2 vs 3.4 would produce that much more torque.

I personally didn't find the 99-01 Carreras to be that much more powerful than my BoxsterS. I once did back to back autocross laps in my car and a C2 and the times were very close. I have beaten C2's on many ocassions or at least matched them.
I really don't care for the clock pendulum cornering after being spoiled for years of my neutral handling. Yet some guys love that.
From a standing start I don't find the difference to be huge either. The BoxsterS and C2 seemed underwhelming but that's not what the cars were built for.
I've yet to drive a 3.4 Boxster but I imagine its very close in seat of the pants feel to a standard 996. Compared to the GT's and Turbo, well its better you never drive one of those if you plan on buying a C2 or C4. I thought my neck was going snap with the helmet still on my head the last time I was a passenger in my friend's GT3.

But the 996's are still the best looking 911's ever made in my opinion. Once the prices come down a bit more I will be picking up an 02-04 C4 as my winter beater.
I want to quit racking up winter mileage on my BoxsterS as it nears 50K miles.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote