View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 AM   #3
thenavarro

Blinkwatt,

Basically just driving along, probably only been 100 or so miles that day, and I heard what sounded like a knocking sound, pulled over as soon as possible. I don't like taking chances so I called a flatbed and had it towed to dealer. Dealer at first thought it was broken intermediate shaft but upon teardown said it threw a rod bearing. According to the way I read my contract with Warranty Direct, it SHOULD be covered, but they've already tried to get out of it once so we'll see how they respond. They've always been great to work with, but this time I'm having to jump through hoops to get it going. They first denied the claim because I didn't have all my engine service records in hand to give them when they asked. However, I was able to call my garages and thankfully they had all my records and i was able to get copies for Warranty Direct. Without that, I would have been screwed. They've asked dealership to further teardown motor so we'll wait and see. If they screw me, I'll ask for the mediation that's mentioned in the contract since the rod is covered according to what I read. I WILL DEFINITELY LET THE BOARD KNOW ONCE ITS BEEN DETERMINED SO PEOPLE CAN KNOW IF WARRANTY DIRECT IS GOOD OR BAD. They've been good for the small stuff so far, hopefully they'll continue. Right now, it just sucks playing the waiting game.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote