View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #18
boxs2000

boxs2000, what model is yours? That's where I had my old unit mounted. It's not bad sitting there, but I'm really liking the lower position better. Is yours strictly a navi unit or a AVH? Glad you are enjoying it, they are really fantastic setups.

Its the Avic-N3 I do have the ipod and satelite radio hooked up and yes it does work with the iphone's ipod . I was going to mount mine in the lower location (i did my full system set up myself) but doing the trial fitting, I did not like the unit being so close to my shift knob. I could see my hand constantly hitting the radio during hard shift etc especially during auto cross etc. Also having a bigger screen it hits the shift knob when it folds in and out. So I relocated my AC control to the lowest cubby and installed some cup holders to cover the space and installed a custom ipod holder in the center arm rest out of view.

I too did the hack so that dvd's can be watched while moving, I did not do it for that purpose, I did it because it allows you to operate the navigation while in motion. (originally you must have the e-brake up to use navi) :dance:
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote