View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #59
Kirk

You are correct, either a 3/4" or 1" bar will fit. I bought both sizes of bar stock and went with the bigger 1" just because it would fit. I did have to take off one rear anti sway bar mount and the lower stress plate to fit the 1" bar though. It doesn't just slide up there without making some room first.

Honestly I can't recall what length of 3/8" bolts I used. I bought a couple different sizes. I think the 1" long bolts were just a hair too short with the 1" bar AND the other "Bristol bars" that I installed. So I'm pretty sure I used a 1.5" bolt that was too long, but the extra sticking up at the top doesn't hurt anything. I wouldn't lose any sleep over what length of bolts to use. You can pick them up for a couple bucks at any hardware store...

The length of 22 1/4" between holes is about what I measured too. I did make my bar about 25.5" long though, which may be why I had to remove some stuff to fit it. I was following the "longer is better" stigma though and so maxed out the bar for what would fit.

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote