View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:23 AM   #6
HB.

No problem, I can tell you from my previous Boxster, you can see the radio, CD, menu etc etc screens just fine, just viewing any types of videos were the problem. I'm hoping it's not the same in this lower position. What is your current Pioneer model? Most of the newer models have a option to change the lights at least from blue to red. As you can barely see in the pics above the buttons are red. The default was blue. This model the screen can be changed from blue to red, amber, green, violet.

Another issue that I recall was with my first Boxster '99, it had what I believe was a factory amp in the front trunk (didn't have the bose sound system) when you played the radio there was a slight hissing sound when you started to accelerate. I had a local shop add some filters to cut down on the hiss. With my '97 model, it doesn't have the amp, and I have no hissing issues. I don't know if it's caused by the amp, the wiring, or the older model head unit. If you are having someone else install these units, let them know about this concern. They might have to take a quick test run to make sure it doesn't hiss.
HB. is offline   Reply With Quote