View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiro75
I was actually looking to buy a Toyota MR2 but "somehow" ended up with a Boxster instead. Even though it cost more $$$ than the MR2 but it is worth every penny.
I traded in a silver 2003 MR2 in mint condition for my 2002 Boxster. It's got way more miles on it than my Spyder did and doesn't compare to the Spyder in MPG but it's the best choice I ever made. Wise choice!

Just a few things that the Boxster has over the MR2

- Horsepower (the MR2 is light so it's fairly quick but over 4500 RPMs and it's 4 cylinders sound like a model airplane on crack)

- Automatic top

- Canvas top vs vinyl (If you put your top down every day in the Spyder it wears out, cracks and peels.)

- Storage space (MR2, there's only enough room in an MR2 for two duffel bags behind the seat. The engine is in the back and the only thing under the hood is a spare)

- It's a Porsche not a Toyota
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote