View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 08:40 AM   #7
Pilot2519j

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
I have a 1997 with 40k miles.
The only downside is that at 22 years old, I have a lot of cars left to buy, and there's not a lot of room for improvement. So it's scary to think what I might be driving when I'm 40 or 50. :-)
Dam I should feel angry at your statement about the "old folk" but I am 56 and waited until I was 55 to buy my first Porsche 2003 Boxster S. I always bought the practical car as my father had saddled me with that thought. If it wasn't for my wife I would not have this car today. I originally looked at the Audi S-4 and M-3 when my wife said to me why don't you look at the Porsches that you have always longed? I love the car , Boxster S and it is a machine and an experience that keeps multiplying every day. I use it as a daily driver and people are shocked about that! In NY in the winter Oh my god!. I simply answer I bought to be used not to sit in a garage and collect dust.
So young man just think of me when you get old and still driving my Porsche and your scary thoughts should disappear. Just buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote