View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
I installed a Robbins glass window top a couple weeks ago. It's not super difficult, but if I did it again, I would do things in a slightly different sequence.

It's a $700 top brand new, and if it's still in it's shipping box, it's still worth most of that price. $400 would be a low-ball offer, IMHO.

I guess I will probably have to make a bit better offer. Of course, I won't go up to $700. Would $500 do it?

I'm taking the top to a shop to have it adjusted, because IMHO, I just don't want to have to go back and correct a couple things. If I were to give you advice, and you followed it, you shouldn't have any issues. Learn from my experience!

I'm definitely willing to listen to any and all advice.

Let me know if you have any questions. I still need to write up a little review of the process and send it to Mike Focke. There are a few tips I think would really help people when installing their own tops.

I have Mikes's instructions, and I've looked at your posts. I can wait until you refine the instructions.

Honestly, it's really not that difficult. With hindsight being 20/20, if I could go back in time and do it over, it would have turned out fine.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote