View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #19
baseball

Thank you to everyone for the replies.

Randall, what's the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 redlines? And does Porsche have language in the warranty that limits their liability in the event the car has these redlines in its history?

About leftovers, I was going to go down that road. However my search (which includes a 300 mile radius of dealers around my home), has uncovered something many dealers are reluctant to admit. All the 07 left-overs I've found have an in-service date of 7/31/2007. The in-service date is when the warranty starts, so if you buy a leftover, you may not get the complete warranty. One dealer stated that Porsche forces the in-service date on them - I don't know if that's true or not, but it's something to look out for if you're in the market for a leftover.

So far, the best price I've negotiated on a leftover was $985 under invoice. But when I did some analysis on the depreciation, lost warranty, etc. it turns out that's not a very good deal (to me anyway). But I wanted to put that out there so anyone looking for a leftover has a good baseline to start negotiating with.

I've found dealers with open slots for Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr. My reason for trying to find the latest date that I can place an order for each of those slots, is so I can increase my negotiating leverage with the dealer. I will find out those dates, and when I do, I'll let everyone know to help out others looking to order.
baseball is offline   Reply With Quote