View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:01 PM   #22
Cloudsurfer

Wonko-

I was with Aaron when we flew down from Rochester to meet you 2 weeks ago. The problems I see with your car are as follows, which is exactly why Aaron didn't buy it:

Lack of service history
Typical older Boxster maintenance issues
"Interesting" audio install
Most importantly, cosmetic condition. Unfortunately, every body panel on your car has some kind of damage to it, whether it be a chip, small rust spot, scratch, scrape, or ding. Front bumper is in very poor condition. Headlamps have burn/melt marks on them and are badly pitted. Either whoever buys your car accepts it as such and isn't bothered, or they have to spray the whole car and upgrade things like lights, etc. Interior is in OK condition.

Essentially, it is a car with a somewhat questionable past, that is not in the best of condition as it sits currently.

Essentially, your car would be a perfect candidate for a 3.4 swap, if it was in cleaner condition. To get the car up to better condition would be an easy $5k, and spending $5k more on a "better" car is a better use of money, by almost all accounts.

I could be wrong, but after seeing your car, I think you will find it difficult to find a buyer.

Just my $.02

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote