View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #72
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonko The Sane
Before it's closed, I do have to say that I gained a lot of respect for this forum as a whole because of this thread. Well, gained isn't the right word, more like "reinforced."

Like others on here, I frequent a lot of car forums, and most of them come down to either personal attacks against everything with (very) few nuggets of knowledge wrapped in a majority of heritage questioning or an extremely dry technical board that reads like an instruction manual (boring). This is the only board I really visit every day, because I really like the people here and the conversation.

On either of the other types of forums, things like this eventually do get posted with very predictable results: The first type turns into a flamewar and 15 pages of people questioning the original posters' sexuality, while the second type just instantly deletes it as it's not related to purely technical issues.

This forum not only managed not to break down into a flame war (there were a few shots fired, but that's to be expected on a post of this nature) it actually lead into some real discussion.

So, regardless of the top at hand, to all of you guys for keeping it largely civil, and to BruceLee (and unseen moderators/owners) for running a tight ship.

Thanks, we try.