View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #71
Dr. Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless
Boxterz just doesn't get it yet. He says he is all about performance. He wants to do more with less.

Unmodified Base Boxters are already outrunning the Caymans, Boxter S, 911 Turbos, GT3's, every weekend with nothing more than a good set of tires and a little driving skill. Check your local PCA results. Highlander ran top 10 against about 400 other cars at the Porsche Parade. Insite regularly outruns everyone but the fully stripped and modified race cars in his area with only suspension mods.

This car is extremely capable in the hands of a skilled driver. Max performance is a lot more than HP on a dyno. In 10 years of production most highly modified Boxters never actually see track time. Get to the track. See what you got. Learn how to go faster. You may be very surprised.

So Boxterz, who is the Poser? Others will decide. I am new to competitive road racing. I have only been playing this game for 1 year. I do it just for kicks and grins. With 3 Auto-X and 3 track days I realize I have a lot to learn (still mid pack finishes). But I know racing... 6 years Motocross/Grand Prix (expert rating), 20 years Yacht racing (4th at the PMA World Championships). I have knocked handlebars with World Champions and swapped gelcoat with Olympic Medalists.

I have built and ridden highly modified racing motorcycles, sailed highly modified racing multihulls, and built some highly modified street muscle cars (63 Chevy Nova 327, 68 Chevelle 327). But this Boxter I choose to leave alone. Other than engine transplant, suspension and tires I have yet to see any mods that really improve the performance of this car around a track. I have no interest in street stoplight racing.

This is an open forum to exchange ideas. If you don't want others opinions, don't ask for them. If you don't like someones opinion, ignore it. If you only want opinions that agree with yours, it's time to take a hard look in the mirror.
I don’t see what experience, knowledge or understanding have to do with anything. You are obviously a poser.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg