View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:47 AM   #7
Perfectlap

do a search with the Better Business Bureau on the warranty company. Most of these operations are **************** shows. I had one with CWS and set up a payment plan. Good move not to pay it all up front because after they denied a claim for a $4 parking brake switch (plus $120 in dealer labor) I canceled the contract. This was a warranty company that was affiliated in some way with CarFax.
Call up the warranty co. and ask them if they are owned by a insurance company or if they are squarely independent.

As for the car, it looks nice but it sounds like they have built in a good amount of negotiating space into the price. My advice, if the dealer is local, check out the car go and on about Boxsters and your Porsche knowledge and then walk out of the dealer saying that your checking out two other cars but you are very interested in this one. DON'T tell him that you will call him in X amount of days, better yet don't set up any expectations whatsoever. Before you leave ask him when they got the car in. Shake hands and say buh bye...... Wait at least 5 days, call him out of the blue and offer him the absolute lowest you think he will agree to. Don't worry about offending him that's his job. He'll probably counter and then you tell them you have to check with your fiance when she gets back from work later that night. Call them the next day with another low counter offer. Each time say you have to check with your fiance. The point is if you intend to buy any car you visit DO NOT! DO NOT! DO NOT buy it the day you check it out for the first time. Each day that goes by is $$ in your pocket and extra **************** his sales manager is giving him for not selling.
If you come to an agreement set up a PPI and you find anything wrong deduct that from the agreed upon price. 9 times out 10 they will cave.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 10-16-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote