View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 06:56 AM   #18
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by delubozparts
Hi Thom,

I pretty much do the same thing as you, I saw many factories/manufactures in Asia like you had mentioned some are ridiculous on their facility and Quality control, but if a particular facility are managed by a individual from here (USA) really makes a difference on products. As TUV certifications may applied to Germany as I'm not familar due to my business are conducted here in USA, I apologized if my claim are for the wheels only.

Cheers !
Thom makes an excellent point about Chinese suppliers. One of the main issue that I've dealt with from Chinese suppliers is product consistency. Part to part variation can be ridiculously high.

However, as Che points out, there are some excellent manufacturers in China as well. But if you don't go there to inspect the facilities and ensure that they have all the appropriate tooling for manufacturing and quality control, chances are you're not going to end up with a quality product. Hopefully, Che's manufacturer has a continuous dimensional quality inspection process with some random destructive testing. There's a concern with raw material quality as received by the manufacturer as well, which leads to the need for rigorous incoming inspection measures.

A couple of members on this board reporting on how well the parts work shouldn't be enough proof for anyone who's really concerned about the quality of these parts.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote