Thread: VIR Track
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
racer_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC986
So you have the Brey Krause extension? I saw on their site they wanted $637 plus shipping.....ouch. Do you leave it in or remove it when not in use?

How would VIR be on a first timer? Details to follow, story still developing but I did not make my first DE at CMP last weekend.
New they are about $700, including the padding. I bought mine used,sans padding for $350. I think there is one for sale right now on the board.
http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13628

You need to remove the windscreens within the rollhoops (assuming you have them), and remove the soft padding on the "front" of the rollbar. This can be done using a wide blade puddy knife to gently pry off the padding without scratching the paint too bad. Then you have two anchor points at the top of the factory bar plus it attaches to the shoulder mount of the seat belt. The longest part of the install is the removal of the factory trim.

I left mine on for a while, but grew distracted with the horizontal part of the bar above the windscreen. Sort of "chopped" my rearward view.

A first timer ANYWHERE will have a great time. Do not be intimidated. Every new track is exciting. I had driven about 6-7 tracks before getting to VIR for the first time. As I said, learning a new track is always fun, regardless of your present skill level.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)

Last edited by racer_d; 10-10-2007 at 02:34 PM.
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote