View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #5
Bob O

WOW..59.95 at Aristocrat for an oil change?? no way!

I've used Bob Hinson for my 79 911...very knowledgable, more expensive than the dealer in my experience.

I've also used Dasautowerk (which used to be JP Autowerks until about a year ago). He's been around forever. Knows air and water cooled P cars. Used to race. He installed my M030 suspension (and even though the mechanic who installed it is color blind, they did a good job) I also used him for my 911, and was very happy with the work.

Imagine is a very good shop, (you drool just looking through the shop windows at what's sitting in the garage..oh my) and I"ve been pleased with their work,,,but out of this world pricing. I had the box aligned there last year. I just took it in and told them to align it....silly me. $300 and it took all day!!! But on the other hand, I had it inspected by them for a DE......and they charged me less than $70. so go figure.

Aristocrat (the dealer) got a really bad service reputation a few years ago. However, when mine was still under warranty, I took it there a couple of times and was pleasantly surprised. So maybe the service mgr or owner kicked some butt in the service dept and got it turned around. I haven't been back to them for a while so I can't comment from a personal basis, but my father in law takes his Mercedes to them and seems to be pleased with their work.

If any of you guys wanna get together sometime, let me know. THere seems to be a real shortage of Boxster owners here.....or at least any who actually drive their cars!!

So... aristocrat..coming around i think. Imagine...great work...expensive. BHR...
good work...similarly expensive but probably less than Imagine. Dasautowerks...A1 work, reasonable pricing

All this based on personal experience. YMMV!!!!!!!

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote