View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
smiledrs

Thank you both, I had it towed to the dealer this afternoon. They are supposed to get back with me tomorrow to let me know what they found as they are backed up today with scheduled appt's. I just got this car from my uncle because he hardly drove it but 2x a week. Had 17,000 miles on it and always garaged. Pristine with no rock chips or door dings. I knew about the RMS and early engine failures before i bought it from him. I read your entire site Mike and learned a lot before even getting the car to see what I was up against. He sold me the boxster for $16,500 and I couldn't pass up the deal.

I looked at some extended warranty to buy. Warranty Direct told me they do not warranty my car since it is more than 9 years old. I checked with Geico insurance that I have and they don't for any car older than 3 years old. No signs of leaking oil and he just had his 15,000 mile oil change 8 months ago. They saw no problems. I'm still going to try and find someone who will sell me a extended warranty if the problem comes back as some faulty spark plug wire or sensor causing the misfires. I pray it's not the RMS or Slipped sleave.

Last edited by smiledrs; 10-09-2007 at 02:19 PM.
smiledrs is offline   Reply With Quote