View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #12
brp987

It was a clear sunny day in So Cal yesterday. I was on my bicycle going up Boquet cyn road on a stretch known as hijinks curve. A lot of wrecks there because it's a wide road with such a gentle arc to it that you could take it flat-out. It looked like the prior night someone did. I see where someone clipped the raised center median. I ride along and trace a skid mark go 75 yds down and across 2 lanes where the car jumped the curb. Alittle further and I see a 30 by 1 ft concrete light pole lying on the ground. I was fractured in several places, held together by its internal cabling. A little further down I see a front grill with a toyota emblem on it. I figure, hmmm maybe some drunk lost it. Another 40 yds down the road I come upon an uprooted tree. Its 1 ft thick trunk was sheared in half. Nearby are several impact craters. A full 50 yds further down the road I see a Dodge Ram tailgate. Now the story is coming into focus. It was eery how the calm, pleasant day totally betrayed the terror of what ocurred there the previous night. Kind of reminded me of the opening scene of LeMans with S McQueen entranced at the freshly repaired guard rail. I don't know the outcome of the accident. Anyway - save it for the track!
brp987 is offline   Reply With Quote