View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 01:32 PM   #25
wetsuff

Cole: Lift the hood and write down all the 3-letter/3-number combinations on the little piece of paper taped on the underside right up front. Put those numbers in a posting - I'll tell you; 'what you got'.

I've been doing option mining for the last 6wks - looking for the right combo/right price. Typically, the non-P dealers DO NOT have a clue what they have...and it simply does not seem to cost five cents more for a car with good options.

Hell, I drove 3hrs. to look at an 01 'S', 14,800mi, Seal/Gray interior...BUT?! Navy blue top? I don't like tri-color cars....and luckily, my wife didn't either - whew! (the salesman said the top was dark gray, or I'd have stayed home...)

I drove to see it because the dealer didn't know he had about $6k in options on this car. Interestingly, it was traded in at a multi-franchise dealer, was not prep'd (the way I prefer to see them..) and will probably end up at the Manheim auction in Fredricksburg VA next thurs..or week following. This dealer doesn't think they have a market for it. It's in pretty decent shape, but the person did not baby the car as we would.

There's a jucy 01 'S' (see a pattern..) with full leather, comfort and touring packs, lights, etc - BUT, the deal killer for me: no PSM, in Southern OH....

Jim
wetsuff is offline   Reply With Quote