View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
Burg Boxster

You're on the right track - especially w/ less than meticulous p/o maintenance.

Some other things to do/check/change/consider:
- engine air filter - $40
- change polyrib/serpentine belt (one of the easiest to do once you're there so why not change it out) - $25
- bleed/flush brakes & clutch (should do every 2yrs) - $20 depending on your tool inventory....
- adjust p-brake - $free
- run a bottle of techron thru before doing oil change - $5
- clean front radiators (bumper cover removal) - $free
- lube soft top/clamshell hinges/joints - $10
- check (distilled) water level in battery if OEM Moll
- check AOS for sign of torn bellows or more than a misting of oil in throttle body or j-tube

As for what you are already planning to do....
- good call changing oil to..... M1 0w40
- '01 and later say no plug change until 60K, but I agree you should do now especially at 6yrs old
- I'd be tempted to let fuel filter go but since you have it, why not... let system 'depressurize' overnight before changing - makes it much easier
- cabin filter - yep don't want dirty air getting into a convertible just kidding why not since you have parts and depending on if yours is a daily driver.

That's all I can think of right now. Those should pretty much eat up your Saturday leaving Sunday free to drive around w/ a big smile before watching football

Many of these can be done at one time/simultaneously. Map it out so you don't have to waste time by say pulling rear wheels more than once - i.e plugs, check AOS, bleed clutch/brakes.

Enjoy!
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote