View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
Bob O

New rotors ordered

Since my car now has roughly 57K miles and I've never checked the rotor thickness, I went to Cummins Tools on Tues, bought one of their micrometers, the C clamp type (for all of $10!!), and measured front and rear rotors. Fronts were 21.4 and 21.2 arrrrrrrrrrrrr, but rears were still within tolerances at approx 18.5 mm. (With a 2mm wear allowance they've still got 25% wear left!!) I checked around and ******************************** Arizona had the best prices I could find, plus no shipping charges. Ordered fronts, Zimmerman, for $148, not bad.

They should arrive on Monday. New pads, new rotors, new brake fluid...yahoo. I should be all set for the DE at Heartland Park in a couple of weeks. I've never changed rotors but in looking at the various instruction guides around, it should be a piece of cake. I've changed pads and fluids numerous times, and it certainly doesn't look intimidating at all. OH DARN... I forgot to order new caliper bolts. Guess I'll be heading off to the dealer for four new bolts. RATS!

Can't wait to see how much pedal difference they make. Since they wear so slowly, its difficult to remember where the pedal was back when. Pedal doesn't feel low but then again it might be. We'll see.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote