Thread: Vandalized?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #31
cartagena

Medellin has 2.2 million people and probably 3-4 Porsches including mine. I saw one 911 once and a couple SUVs. The problem is the high taxes. There is a new 911 for sale in Bogota for $185,000 USD due to taxes. There is a 3-series BMW convertible for sale at a dealer not far from where I live but it is a mind-boggling $97,000 USD. Yes, 3-series (that is not a typo).

The next time you are in town stop by my hotel for a beer. If you only saw Miami 4.5s then you have not seen Medellin. Take a look at this link: CLICK HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Cartagena, I was travelling throuh South America, including Colombia in August and Pcars are rare indeed...deifinitely when compared to my gated community here in NJ where there are about 6 Porsches within 1-2 blocks. But unlike NJ/NY I doubt I walked more than a block in Colombia (Medellin) without seeing a woman what I would say was at least a NYC 8! (aka a Miami 4.5 or an LA 6). And not the trashy pole dancer-just-got-off-work look that is sooo common these days here in the NorthEast, Las Vegas and Florida. More girl next door face with Monica Bellucci physique.

Last edited by cartagena; 10-03-2007 at 12:14 PM.