View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
GedC

Smile Question on Porsche Alloys

Guys

First post for me. Another first for me is my 2004 boxster which I've had for a few weeks..I have been a BMW fan for the last 10 years and am delighted to make the switch.... :dance:

Have alloys on the car that are almost identical to the ones I found in this photo.

18" alloys

As you look at the picture, the surface of the alloys (uppermost face) is perfect and any brake dust cleans off very easil, using soap and water and a few skooshes of brake dust cleaner from a bottle.

The inside of the alloy the part where you can see the wheel weights stuck onto feels VERY different, almost as if its not finished ? It has a slightly rougher surface and trying to get the brake dust of this area is a nightmare. The bulk comes off but leaves loads of tiny little black dots engrained in the rougher surface..I've used a number of different acidic and non acidic brake dust cleaners but none really shift it unless I get a soft plastic scourer and scrub away..Even then it takes about 30 minutes a wheel

Any ideas why the surface is different ? Given the open nature of the wheels its hard to leave it black as it looks poor compared to the front shiny face....Thanks for any light you can shine on this.

Cheers

Ged
GedC is offline   Reply With Quote