Thread: 205mphs!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 06:12 AM   #12
williamsF1

I think some americans imagine the Autobahn as a 'Need for speed' racing highway... fact is there a so many areas where the limit is low and the massive amount of renovation work that often comes pretty suddenly makes is very unraceable for most of the time. Also there is often loads and loads of traffic!!

Next thing is that the 4. or 5. lane is mostly occupied by 'fast' BMW, Audi and Mercedes... Especially BMW cars seems to be owned by 5. lane racers... but nowhere near 250+ km/h speeds so if you really want to push the car you really have to know the time of day and a place where there is no road-renovation...

I drove from Denmark to Italy the whole way through Germany, Austria (and Switzlerland on my way home) and I was in the lane furthest to the left most of the time and wasnt overtaken very many times but the general speed there was 160-210 km/h. I actually made the mistake last time I was on the autobahn and was caught by a photo-trap at 130 km/h in a area with a lower speed-limit due to renovation of a bridge. It was dark and I was pretty much alone... The ticket never arrived though I think my picture must have been too blurred by the weather conditions.

You see some Porsche cars on the Autobahn, but not as many as you would expect - 5 boxsters on a 3500 km trip on the autobahn... but try taking a walk through Milan and you will see more masserati, ferrari, bugatti and lambo cars the same day than you see in a weekend in Paris. The cool part is, they are parked very casualy on streets around the city...

The videoclip is from the Autobahn I am pretty sure...
williamsF1 is offline   Reply With Quote