View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #51
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
The shop can pull the frame and replace the quarter panel, no big deal.

That's reassuring.

You may have to fight with the insurance company to have it painted correctly, but they'll cave if you keep the pressure on. They have to pay to fix the car right and they know it. Of course they'll try to save every dime they can. Just don't give up. Rather than continuing to waste time arguing with you and your bodyman, they'll eventually write the check.

I will due this.

They're not, however, going to pay to shoot the whole car, if that's what you're expecting.

Not even,I just want my car brought back to same shape it was in the moment before the accident.

There is a certain amount of blending done on all collision repair. If your guy is as good as you say he is, you'll never see it.

My guy told me that the EPA(Environmental Protection Agency) passed some stuff in California changing the blending materials. In order to ensure 100% that it will come out perfect and stay perfect he wants to just repaint anything that should be blended. He said it will come out nice blended but every once and awhile he's seen flaking. AAA is trying to blend both rocker panels and blend the rear panels after they repair them. If the quarter panels are broken I want NEW ones,plain and simple.

Thanks for your input.