View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 07:56 AM   #16
meerzee

Post Rundown on my Boxster....(History)

Well, interesting news. I just got off with the Service Manager at one truly incredible Porsche dealership and he gave me some interesting info. (essentially the whole rundown on the car since it was first purchased) The owners were very meticulous with this car and it was always brought in for service on-time everytime. Both the 30K and 60K services were done, as well as all of the routine maintenance such as brake, oil seperator, MAF, O2, oil changes, everything. Interesting to note that the engine was actually replaced completely at 30,843 miles (about 30K miles ago) according to the service manager, due to what is listed as "internal malfunction" --- apparently the owner was complaining that the car was not "running properly" --- they tried to "repair it" then the manager determine to just have it replaced with a new engine. Told me that the new engine has an unlimited 2 year mileage warranty. Also the clutch was replaced at 48K miles and the RMS was done about 6K miles ago. When I asked about why the mileage wasn't reset when the engine was replaced he said something about, "well the mileage is burnt into the DID" or something like that.

So, I should be set for now. Essentially a 30K mile engine with all services done and most "gotchas" already taken care of. Also the ragtop was replaced due to someone "cutting into it" to get inside the car in July 07. --- Lordy, Lordy... this car has had its share of stuff happen to it, huh?

Anyone have any ideas on the reasons behind the engine replacement?
I cannot imagine that this would be a common occurance by any means.
Thanks,
M

Last edited by meerzee; 09-27-2007 at 07:58 AM.
meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote