View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
I've heard about this Porsche Pre-Purchase Inspection but the closest dealership is in Rocklin (I'm in Sacramento and so is the owner).

I'd be careful of that place. I've had nothing but BAD experiences with their salesmen,but their parts & service counter have always been more then happy to help.

I'm going to look at the car and talk to the owner tomorrow to ask about records and everything.

Awesome! Have fun.

Does anyone know anywhere else closer to Sacramento that will do a quality inspection similar to a Porsche dealer? Also, does anyone have a ball park estimate of how much the inspection costs?

Salano or Salaro Motorsports(don't remember) in Rocklin is making a name for themselves around here with Porsches. I know Silverstar Recycling(Porsche dismantler in Rancho Cordova) is working with them on engine transplant stuff.
It wouldn't hurt to give them a call to see if they would inspect it.

You may want to see if Frank's Automotive will do an inspection.

$200-$350(includes compression test) is a fair price to a PPI,my Pops just paid $200 for a PPI on his c2 at IPB-Autosport. I wouldn't go back there for anything other then PPIs,Ron Kain likes charging the max he can hour wise for labor.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm in Sac and there really isn't much around here for Porsches,let alone Boxsters.