Thread: stebro exhaust
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
yellowboxster01,

I'm interested to hear about your experience if you go with this system. It is funny; I've never really wanted an aftermarket exhaust on my Boxster although I thought the stock system was too quiet for such a car.

A couple of weeks ago I finally got around to desnorkeling and since then I've really been obsessed with making bigger, better sounds. I've been reading a lot of old threads that I previously ignored.

I tend to drive my car on long trips 4.5 hours - 12 hours so I am concerned that the sounds that will be fun to hear around home will becoming extremely annoying on these longer trips.

I've read about and listened to clips from most of the exhaust providers but have failed to read anything about this one. The system looks really light and easy to install, which appeals to me. If I read correctly $975 for a base 97-04 which doesn't sound too badly to me if the resonance isn't bad.

Randall, what are your thoughts on your system now that you've had it for awhile? Would you go with the same set-up if you had to do it over again (I realize you were part of the initial dyno testing deal)? Does the resonance bother you on longer trips?

Thanks,

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote