View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Pat1USMC

Interesting trip to Service

I needed to get a key programmed so I brought my car in to have it done. When I got there I also mentioned that I've been hearing lots of rattling under acceleration. Turned out both catalytic converters were bad! At 35,000 miles. Under warranty though, so thats good. Has anyone else heard of this problem?

They also found a rat's nest in the pollen filter! I think I'll be taking care of that myself though, I just have to find a replacement pollen filter. Maybe thats something for others to check if they've never looked there.

Funny thing though is that I just had a post purchase inspection done in Charleston 3 weeks ago and they didn't find any of this! I just moved to the DC area so today's trip was to Porsche of Arlington and they found out about the rats nest, the catalytic converters, the dirty brake fluid, and that the rear tires needed to be replaced. And all that after just scheduling a key programming. They were very polite and helpful also. Even noticed my clear side markers! But what the heck was up with the last dealership and that "inspection"!

Anyway, I just thought this info might be helpful to some...
Pat1USMC is offline   Reply With Quote