View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
Dr. Kill

Leave it to a poet to question language

When I put the sticker on the car, I was leaning more toward option #1 for the meaning. This was not to condone reckless driving however. I actually drive very conservatively, but I got sick of people acting shocked and alarmed by the fact that I actually drive my car. “You drove your Porsche in this weather? I would never drive a car like that in the winter!” “You left your car at the train station? I would never do that. Blah blah blah.” I figured the only thing even more debasing in their eyes would be applying a bumper sticker – and this particular sticker seemed to be the logical choice to put my cards on the table for some of my more judgmental coworkers, clients and fellow PCA members. I wanted to preempt the entire conversation. Then when someone sees my car, they have a better idea of how I think of it. If you are a driving enthusiast, hey we have something in common. If you are a purist car snob, you should move on as I will probably just be annoying to you anyway.

I liked the sticker, and I did get to see a lot of laughs in my rearview mirror when someone spotted it, but after my daughter was born, I peeled the thing off. I think she might be a little young for ironic humor concerning grossly unsafe activities. As far as she will ever know, her daddy has never exceeded the speed limit, has never had more than one beer in a sitting, has only ever dated mommy, etc etc etc…

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg

Last edited by Dr. Kill; 09-17-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote