View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #34
iflyadesk

Well, I'm just now flying back from the National Championships. It was crazy learning the car and the course at the same time. I dropped nearly 23 seconds off my lap time in three days. The final was a 1:40.800, good enough to break the previous lap record, but not good enough to win. A 272whp/320ftlb Neon piloted by National Time Trial Director Greg Greenbaum squeezed out an incredible 1:39.7. Third was an M-coupe that I only beat by 0.14 seconds! It was a close race, really!

The car was an absolute dream! At the limit, it would understeer if I did something that would make it understeer and oversteer if I did something to make it oversteer. Absolutely no predominance or lack of balance. The brakes were insane! I was braking deeper than anyone else out there. I did 137mph indicated (with the 245/40/17s that number is suspect) and braking at the 225yd marker going into Madness!!!! Going into the keyhole, I could brake after the 0yd marker at 118mph. Just amazing brakes. The power steering didn't act up. In fact, the car didn't break at all. Driving the crap out of it for 3 days straight and not one peep. Most excellent!

Good times.... 2007 NASA TTC Runner Up National Champion
iflyadesk is offline   Reply With Quote