View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
boxsterz

what are the chances x2

Last night I make the same trek. Fog sets in at higher elevations, like phantoms out of nowhere, they come and then vanish. I slow to 15 mph at times. Painfully slow. Minutes earlier, I was doing triple digits. If I go off the side, no one would find me for days, maybe years. Not a time to mess around. I'm down to 10mph. Fog is blanket thick. And now I have to piss. Damn! Like a kid, I didn't have to go when the rest area was availible 8 miles back. Double damn!! I pull over to what I think is a viewpoint. I can't see the trees, cliff, drop off, or anything. I have 10ft visibilty. The fog it so thick I can't cut it with my 3D Maglite. It's like a white out everywhere I look. A bear bum-rushing me while I'm doing my business would suck, I'd have virtually no warning. Or maybe some crazy mountain man. I'm packin heat, but a feeling of paranoia comes over me. Scenes from old movies "The Hitcher", Friday the 13th, and The Fog flash through my mind. Jeez I drank a lot of pop! I can't wait till I'm done. Finally... Back in the car, I think, man I'm glad I'm not a girl

The fog is just too thick. I end my trip short and turn around. No more partly cloudy night drives up the mountains for me. On the bright side, I've still got my favorite section coming up near that small town I get to do again.

It's not late enough. I come upon more traffic. Closing on the tail lights ahead, I make out a dark... Grey..... Pontiac Solstice?! It is! He's going 5-10 over the speed limit instead of 20 like last time. I edge up on him for a closer look. It's got to be the same guy!! Wonder if he can ID his nemesis is the same boxster lol. I follow for a mile or so hoping he'd bust a move. He never does. We go our separate ways when we get into town. Does he live there or is he a nut like me and drives an hour out to "enjoy nature". I do a U-turn and hit my favorite switchbacks again Maybe next time.

Last edited by boxsterz; 09-07-2007 at 12:18 AM.