View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
threpwood

I know this is a very old thread...but I feel like I need to update this.

If you ever ever put a coolant additive (such as redline) into the gas tank like me (wonder if there is anybody else that idiot), no matter how small the quantity is, it is best to suck the gasoline out and clean the gas tank.

9 months after this incident, my boxs had engine problem with the cylinder stopped firing (I posted the problems if anyone ever noticed). The porche mechanic checked (basically opened up the engine to check if the piston cracked or something) and in the end, it turned out that the fuel line to the cylinder got stucked because of the 'red jelly stuff' that clogged the fuel line. They also found that the 'red jelly stuff' was stucked inside the wall of the gas tank. After they cleaned out all of the 'red jelly stuff' out by flushing the fuel line and gas tank, the boxs runs like a champ again.

I requested to have this 'red jelly stuff' analyzed with a 3rd party lab. The lab tech told us that the 'red jelly stuff' is most likely a coolant additive. Please note that I've never ever mentioned to the Porche mechanic that I put a coolant additive inside the gas tank 9 months ago (who would have guessed as it could have been dirty fuel). About $3000 including labor spent for the fix...lesson learnt.

threpwood