View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 07:13 AM   #14
mts

I used to own a 2005 S2000 and really enjoyed the car. I thought it was a very well built car and pretty much a bargain for what it cost.

A few folks have commented on the lack of torque and I guess I have a different opinion on that. It does have to be driven hard to be enjoyed, but that can be said of almost any 4 cylinder or small 6 cylinder variant sports car.....they like the revs. I thought the car had plenty of torque if driven properly. I see the issue come up from time to time on the net and I'm just about convinced it comes from those that have never spent much/any time behind the wheel of one or those that are accustomed to bigger motored cars that can be shifted at really low rpms......what's the fun of that.

On the handling, yes, the car is prone to snap oversteer at the limit. It's designed that way. That's the fast way to get around the track in the hands of an excellent driver. The S2000 is in it's element there. I can see how someone not paying attention or just plain inexperienced on how to handle something like that could have trouble. Of course, there's another car that's legendary for it's race-track prowise and it's need for an excellent driver to keep the snap oversteer away at the limit.......it's called a 911. Completely different cars but similar in that regard.

If I had more garage space, I'd still have my S2000.
2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote