View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #10
MNBoxster

Hi,

I first ran the Dragon almost 10 yrs. ago in my Esprit and it was great fun. The Troopers were actually very encouraging and never wrote a citation. At the time, it wasn't well known and mainly run by dedicated and experienced drivers. It didn't cause a lot of ruckus and promoted much needed tourism.

What's the saying:"All good things..." Every yahoo with a drivers license, a set of Mag Wheels, and an itch to prove something found the place and have caused several bad incidents causing the State to expend all sorts of money to maintain order and safety (like those idiot Mntn. Climbers with more money than experience and brains who get stuck on a mountain resulting in a Rescue costing the Taxpayer hundreds of thousands of dollars). Every club from the Healeys, Porsches, Ferraris, Harleys, Minis and Miatas began jamming the roads making it unsafe due to the increase in traffic. Not only that, but the before and after parties created more trouble as Alcohol and Egos merged.

I guess it's been abused to the point that it's no longer seen as a Godsend by the State or the Locals. It's become time to reel it back in. I don't blame them one bit. It's just too bad that it's being ruined for those who would truly appreciate and support it properly. I see the same thing beginning to happen in some of the great driving routes in rural WI, especially in Buffalo County.

Truth is, there are very few such special venues left and too many people wanting their turn using them. The Sport of Driving is dying a very slow, albeit steady death. Get it while you can....

Happy Motoring!... Jim

Last edited by MNBoxster; 08-26-2007 at 02:31 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote