View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
FrayAdjacent

Yes, you can reuse the sensors. Be careful with the wires, though, if one breaks, the sensor won't work. It shouldn't trip the wear alarm, though. They are easy to swap.

Keep an eye on your brake fluid reservoir. You're going to have to end up squeezing the pistons back into the calipers, which will cause the fluid to get pushed back up into the reservoir. Do NOT let it overflow! (I find a turkey baster is good for sucking out excess fluid). Do NOT reuse any fluid you suck out.

When you get the new pads and rotors in, you should do the 30/30/30 break-in.

Here's how you do it. Go to a closeby parking lot, or somewhere that you can get up to about 30mph.

Accelerate to 30mph, then stop completely. (you don't need to do 'panic braking' stop, but stop quickly) Wait for 30 seconds, and then repeat. Do this 30 times, and your pads should be broken in well.

Braking too hard from too high a speed can cause new pads to glaze, which will reduce their grip. Break in is important!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote