View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
rdynamix

Thumbs down My failed transmission saga and Porsche's poor customer support...

I had lost 1st and second gear and had the car towed to the local dealer. After 2 days I finally heard the not so good news. Transmission failure at 22K miles... They only have one guy who can work this job and he is booked for another 2 weeks!

So I asked for a loaner and they could not provide one.
On top of this he told me Porsche requires them to open the transmission, find out what the failure was, do a cost analysis (fix/buy) and then fix it or replace it after a Porsche manager review...

Meaning? I will be without a car for 3 weeks minimum!

I called Porsche and asked for a solution. Having a transmission completely fail at 22k miles is really bad in any car. Not getting it fixed for 3 weeks is even worse...

I was very unhappy with the answer. They were not helpful and I am now paying for a weekly rental for at least 3 weeks.
Also refused to have it towed to another dealer that can work it quicker.

I have owned many cars, including very high dollar German cars and never had such a failure. I am not happy with the failure at 22Kmiles and not happy about how this has been dealt with.

Porsche makes great cars. It would be nice if they showed more concern for their customers.

I will think long and hard about this next time I buy a sports car. They are not the only game in town...
rdynamix is offline   Reply With Quote