View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
Pat

I've put 150,000 miles on my B5 A4. Tons of mods, faster around a track than a chipped S4. I love the car, but it's not made for auto-x. An S4 is even worse for an auto-x due to the extra weight up front. They make great power and handle well, but it's difficult to get our cars to rotate, especially in tight corners, without significant suspension mods and/or a Stasis center differential. My B5 has seen many track days, and is more finely tuned than the vast majority of other B5s out there. On road courses I regularly hang with 911s, Vettes, etc. HOWEVER, I would get my ass handed to me in an auto-x by a 911 or Boxster. My car's turn-in is much better than stock, but still nothing like any Porsche I've driven. There's just no comparison. Don't forget, a B5 S4 has probably 60%+ of it's weight on the front wheels. It's designed as a luxury sports sedan, and it never lets you forget it.
400+ torque doesn't mean a lot in auto-x.