View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
Perfectlap

I just changed one of these this weekend. PRE-CAT Left. I got the CEL cleared it ordered the $120 Walker (Bosch was $40 more) 02 sensor from oxygensensors.com
The day before I was scheduled to put in the new 02 sensor I got the CEL again.
But this time there was CEL that said something about a big leak. Which I took to mean fix it today! Those catalytic converters are expen$ive to replace.
About four or five independent shops refused to swap in the new o2 sensor.
They wouldn't touch any manner of Porsche and another guy who had a classic Merc roadster sitting in the garage said they won't do it unless its a OEM Porsche sensor...grrrr... After about two hours of driving around I found a shop ONE BLOCK from my home. They charged me a full hour for the job $80! even though it was a simple Plug and play, you just need a lift to get at the sensors. but I wasn't arguing at that point the part had to come out. Guy did the job in 15 minutes and that was with allot back and forth presumably reading the manual.
He pointed out that the cords on the original sensor were long and the Walker had long cord. I called oxygensensors and they said its not an issue. Car sounded much better right away, quieter and smoother.
About two hours later I got another CEL (1276). I cleared chalking it up to the car not yet cycling the new information. So far so good. The original sensors are supposed to last 100K miles so replace them when they go bad. I'm wondering if I should have got the Bosch sensor if they last that long. The Walker is made by or uses Denso sensors.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-21-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote