View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #19
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
Grizzly,

Tell me about your floor. Those tiles look huge. I just moved into a new house and have been toying with either painting the garage floor or going the tile route. Is the stove for powdercoating? or pizza? I really like your light setup as well. I hadn't thought of doing track lights by the bench. Great idea.
The floor is 12 x 12 Racedeck tiles. I just put 4 together to make 24" squares. It's a pretty big space, so when I started to lay the floor out with the 12x12 look, it looked too busy. The garage has a front and a back. The front has a drain for washing cars, so I can't tile it. I'm going to do it in Epoxy. By the way, POR-15 just came out with a floor paint that is supposed to be great stuff. Plus, no crazy prep like you have to do with traditional epoxy; just sweep and paint. The stove is for powdercoating. If you're not set up to do it, call Eastwood right now and order the equipment. It's the best. We bought the little microwave to cook with after Hurricane Isabel killed our house. Now that everything is back in shape, it's for Hot Pockets. The lights started out as one of my typical style over substance moves, but honestly, they're great. You can swivel the heads to put light exactly where you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
- even have Vin on the flatscreen. Do you have a continuous running Fast & the Furious loop to keep you motivated in the garage?
Nah, just something I was watching. I put the TV all the way across the room so I don't end up sitting at the bench staring at it. It's great for football season, though, because I don't lose a whole day in the garage. The DVD is nice for playing the discs I make when taking things apart...so i know how they go back together.

P.S. I really like Jeph's car.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet

Last edited by Grizzly; 08-20-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote