View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
mtch

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor
No catastrophic failure but I have noticed it getting progressively worse over the last two years even now in the warmest months when it was the least problematic time initially. I'm SOOO glad I went with a CPO car - first RMS, then an O2 sensor, the MAF and AOS and now the whole trans. Hopefully my 40k engine holds out for a good long time and I'll be all set!

You are lucky. I had a similar problem, started with sticky 2nd gear then 2nd gear went out completely. The decision to repair under warranty or not is left to the regional service manager, and they can be great guys or dicks. My car was under factory warranty still, but the regional manager blamed it on user error and abuse, which was total BS. It cost me about $4K to replace the tranny. There are no rebuild parts of the 6 speed, but the 5 speed can be rebuilt. I thought long and hard about buying the gear set from a 5 speed and puttting it in my 6 speed. I know of someone who said that he did this. His gear ratio is off, his tranny is weaker, so no track or AX use, but he paid about 1/4 what i paid for the repair.
mtch is offline   Reply With Quote