View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
trogdor

I bought a CPO 2000S just short of 2 years ago and noticed some difficulty that first winter with shifts into second. It wasn't too bad so I ignored it as I had worse problems with a 2001 Miata 6 speed just prior to this.

Then the second winter I noticed a lot of difficulty getting into second when cold and it started popping out of second on ocassion. It slowly got to a point where I almost felt I had to hold it in second until it warmed up. Sometimes I'd get a stretch where everyday for a little while I'd have grinding and popping problems and other times everything worked wonderfully.

Since my warranty was about to expire, I took it into the local dealer here in northern virginia (HBL) for a CEL (MAF!) and AOS. I told them about all the remaining gremlins in the car not expecting much but they told me they noticed the same problem I did even though it was the summer and it occured much less often than it had all winter. I set up an appointment for next week and they're replacing the whole transmission under warranty... whew... pretty close as I have about 1 month of warranty left.

No catastrophic failure but I have noticed it getting progressively worse over the last two years even now in the warmest months when it was the least problematic time initially. I'm SOOO glad I went with a CPO car - first RMS, then an O2 sensor, the MAF and AOS and now the whole trans. Hopefully my 40k engine holds out for a good long time and I'll be all set!
trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote